The members of the All American Bulldog Club, in order to protect, promote and foster the advancement and proper breeding and exhibiting of the American Bulldog, as well as ethical kennel practices, do hereby set forth this code of ethics.
In all questions of ethics, covered or not covered by this code, the individual member shall act solely in the best interests of the breed, the AABC and the membership. The membership as a whole shall willingly aid any American Bulldog owner in upholding these interests.
All AABC members have an obligation to protect the American Bulldog and its future by putting the breeds' welfare before any consideration of profit or personal advantage and by protecting it from exploitation, irresponsible promotion and careless breeding.
GENERAL CONDUCT OF MEMBERS:
- An AABC member will support and abide by the Constitution, By-laws, Code of Ethics and other regulations put out by the AABC and the United Kennel Club.
- Members shall be aware at all times that the AABC exists to improve and protect the breed and that these aims are to be uppermost in the minds of the members in all their activities within the breed.
- Members shall:
- Make every effort to educate any new owner or interested person.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that will reflect credit on you and be conducive to the advancement of our breed and the AABC, while refraining from pubic criticism or malicious degrading of others or their dogs.
- Whether in competition or a working situation, the welfare of the dog should be foremost.
- Members shall, at all times, ensure that all dogs under that members' control are properly housed, fed, watered and exercised on a daily basis and that all such dogs receive proper veterinary attention when needed.
- Members shall read and familiarize themselves with the appropriate American Bulldog Standard based upon what registry is supporting an AABC event.
All members agree to adhere to the UKC Breeders Code of Ethics.
ENFORCEMENT AND DISCIPLINE:
Enforcement and discipline will be according to the conditions set forth in the AABC Constitution and By-laws.